Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The "Lean Turkey" Lettuce Wraps

This was my very first creation after I was given my "Competition Diet". I thought it was crazy and impossible to eat something that wasn't covered in BBQ or mayonnaise especially turkey or chicken!!! Being a "dipper" (Fellow dippers you know who you are and your love for excessive dipping sauces) I need flavor, I need sauce, I need pizazz, I need bells and whistles, I need Cake, I need Cheese (oops I got off track)...are you picking up what I am laying down??? The items I was assigned for this meal were, lean turkey, onions, tomatoes, almonds, lettuce and cucumbers, now the first few days I tried choking down ground turkey without anything on it, after excessive gagging and a few choice words I said to myself "I can't eat this crap (I clearly did not say "Crap") everyday" and this is when the creativity and trial and error began!! After realizing that making this into pizza wasn't really possible I had to go a different route....hmmmm burger, pasta, quesadilla, burrito, lettuce wraps....Genius!!!!
I have created a meal with flavor, texture and depth that is not filled with fat, carbs, sugar and unwanted calories. I hope you enjoy one of my favorite meals as much as I do!!!!

Mouth Watering Masterpiece!


Your Delicious Ingredients

Today's Tip: Bring a list to the store; going in blind is dieter’s suicide!!!
Don't do it! Your hips will thank you later ;)

20 oz. Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey 99/1
75 Chopped Almonds (Please count them...every little bit adds up)
1 ¼ C Low Sodium Fat Free Chicken Stock
2/3 C Chopped Green Onions
1/3 C Diced White Onions (or yellow - both are yummy)
1/3 – 2/3 C Low Sodium Soy Sauce (LOW SODIUM Friends!)
2-3 Tbsp. Minced Garlic (Just in case we run into vampires)
Garlic Powder (Just a dusting - Dash)
1 Head Iceberg (Filling veggie - I am made of mostly water and full of Fiber!)
Walden Farms Sesame Ginger Dressing / Sesame Seeds (Optional) (I am located at Mother's Market, Sprouts and online - I am telling you this stuff is goooood!!!)
Non-Stick Spray (Pam is our new BFF and she is drama free)

Tools for a Delicious Dinner 
Sauté Pan

Spatula

Knife (For Chopping and Dicing)

Cutting Board

Measuring Cup

Measuring Spoons

Elementary Counting Skills

Creativity and a Positive Attitude for Positively Awesome Results! (Skinny Starts in the kitchen!)

 
Directions to Tomorrow's Results
Chop / Dice / Slice Almonds, white and green Onions
Brown Turkey in large skillet with ¾ Cup of Chicken stock (Remove from heat when done)
In another pan sauté white onions and Chopped almonds (spray pan with Pam) until onions are opaque
In a Large Pan Add garlic (Sauté with Pam), ½ cup chicken stock and add turkey in ¼ portions
After all turkey is in the pan add green onions and soy sauce and a few dashes of garlic powder (mix thoroughly)
Remove from heat, garnish with sesame seeds (if desired)
Wash and cut iceberg into lettuce boats
Add turkey to lettuce and top with sesame ginger dressing (This is so good! No Jokes folks)
This Stuff is Made in Heaven by Really Fit Angels O:-)

The Skinny on Nutrition
Servings per recipe - 5
Serving Size 4oz turkey / 1 Cup lettuce
Calories                       257.75
Fat                               10.5
Protein                         32.75
Fiber                             3
Carbs                            9.75

Any Questions, Comments or Concerns Please Comment below :)
Until Next Week .....
XO-
Magan

No comments:

Post a Comment