Monday, October 1, 2012

6 Day Fitness Food Challenge

Hello....My name is Magan and I am a Sugar Addict.....

This week I have decided to do something to do something a little different, I know I have dedicated this blog to recipes only but I want to reassure you that eating clean works! I am just as guilty as anyone when it come to falling short of their diets and my number one adversary is sugar, chocolate trail mix to be exact! To prove how much food affects our bodies I will be doing a 6 Day Fitness Food Challenge that consists of picture and food updates and whatever else I decide to throw in there to jazz it up haha! I also want you to see that diets don't have to be yucky and boring.... We Will NOT Sacrifice Taste!
I know you may be thinking that this will be easier for me because I am fit and have dieted before but recently I have fallen off of the clean eating wagon and fell into sugar's arms indulging in peanut butter trail mix and buddying up with his ally Pinot Grigio (I know what you're thinking, chocolate pairs better with a Syrah...I am aware but it's just too hot out for red)! Oy Vey...but I will not let life get me down! We can all agree we are super busy so we don't have time to dwell on our "oh crap" moments. To assure you that I am a regular busy body I have a full time job and this is our busiest quarter, I have a hobby  (blogging as you all know) that takes hours of my time, I am trying to get my small business up and running (every American's dream to be your own boss!), I work out daily, I make all of my own food and I just came off a foot surgery so my exercise is limited. Regular Joe here! or is it Josie? Anyway.....

No excuses in the Skinny Eating World folks! YOU can do whatever YOU put YOUR mind to!

Follow me at the end of each day to see updates!!!

Please keep in mind that I am not a Nurtitionist or Personal trainer so this is what I choose to eat, this is not a certified meal plan, Thank You.

Sunday 9/30/12 - Food Prep

This only took me an hour to put together which will save me twice that amount of time trying fit prepping into everyday! It also prevents me from making hasty and poor decisions. When our food is ready to go we can just grab and go! Convenience is a must when having a busy lifestyle!
Meals packed for 5 Days!!!
Monday 10/1/12 - Day 1

Before Picture:
Good Morning! This is my Before Picture from 10/1/12
Sorry I am in my chonis! I wasn't sure what to take a picture in ha!
Meal 1  - Breakfast

0545
My own Recipe!
You can grab this off the Site this week!
Skinny Blueberry Protein Pancakes!
 Meal 2 - Snack

0915
Cucumber Slices! Nom Nom
Meal 3 - Lunch

1215
Baked Turkey Breast, Steamed Broccoli
with Sea Salt and a Lemon Wedge and
Baked Garlic Yams! YUMMM

I had a very busy schedule yesterday so I had to break up my workout. I went to the gym right after work to squeeze in 30 minutes of cardio and followed that up with half of meal 4 (protein shake). I then scooted over to my appointment, when I got home I took a refreshing dip in the pool to finish up my cardio.
1410
I always leave a gym bag ready in my front seat!
Cardio at the Gym Right After Work :)
Hit the pool for a few laps when I got home
Meal 4 - Snack
1445 Protein Shake
1630 Veggie Saute
Meal 5 - Dinner

1915
Bunless Bird Burger with a Large Iceberg Salad
I love Bolthouse Farms Dressing! No additives!
This recipe is on my Blog if you would like to try it ;)
 Meal 6 - PM Snack
2045
Last Meal of the day :)
1oz Raw Pepitas and Cinnamon Apple Tea! ♥
I ended today under my calorie goal, I cannot stress enough how important it is to take enough fuel to run your body! I added more food to tomorrow's menu to meet my intake needs :)

Tuesday Day 2 - 10/2/12

I woke up Feeling good today! A little tired but really good!

Meal 1 - Breakfast

0530
My Favorite by Far ♥
Quick Oats with All Natural PB
Unsweetend Vanilla Almond Milk
Scoop of Zero Carb Cookies and Cream Isopure
and Cinnamon! Delicious!
 You're probably wondering why I only eat out of Tupperware haha! I am on the go so much that I literally eat almost every meal out of a plastic container....oh well that is life and we learn to deal..right? Right!

Meal 2 - Snack
0840
1.5 C of Cabbage Slaw
with Celery Seeds and a bit of
Bolthouse Ranch! So Good!
Meal 3 - Lunch
1130
Ground Turkey Simmered in Stock, Chili and Onion Powder
Peppers and Mushrooms Sauted in Liquid Garlic and Aminos
Garlic Yams! Yummmm
Snack
1300
I was pretty hungry and I needed
something to tie me over...mmm
All Natural PB
Cardio Time!
Choose someone you enjoy working out with and make a date with them! If you have someone to hold you accountable you will not only show up everytime but you will bring your A Game! Go Get It!

Meal 4 - Snack
My Cardio Buddy!!!!
1545
Protein Shake!
Unsweetend Almond Milk
Isopure Cookies and Cream
Just Great Stuff Powdered PB! YUMMM
Meal 5 - Dinner

1745
EVOO Lemon, Garlic
Sauted Scallops and Broccoli
Meal 6 - Snack
I realized my carbs were a little too low for my activity today so I added 2oz of Yams to my last meal. I try not to eat carbs so late but I wanted to make sure I had an adequate intake :)
1945
Iceberg Salad with Cucumer, Tomato and
Bolthouse Ranch
Garlic Baked Yams
Wednesday Day 3 - 10/3/12

Good Morning! I woke up feeling great today! Cutting sugar out makes a huge difference in how you feel everyday! ♥ Let's make today a great day!

Meal 1 - Breakfast
0540
Skinny Blueberry Pankcakes! YUMMM
Meal 2 - Snack
0845
Greek Yogurt, Organic Powder PB
Packet of Stevia and Cinnamon!
So Good!
Snack
I was still a little hungry ;)

1000
1/3 Granny Smith Apple
My Co-worker Brought us in
Some Delish Homegrown Apples!
♥ So Yummy ♥
 Meal 3 - Lunch
1130
Baked Turkey, Sea Salt Broccoli
and Baked Garlic Yams!
One of my fave meals!
Cardio!

1415
Cardio Time!!!! HIIT Cycle
and Elliptical
Meal 4 - Snack
1515
Greens on the Go!
Meal 5 - Dinner

1900
Baked Turkey...I love that stuff!
Sea Salt and Lemon Broccoli
and Faux Mashed! (You can the recipe
on this site ;) )
Meal 6 - Snack
2100
A spoonful of Organic
Unsweetend PB in Bed!
Mmmm...Night
Day 4 Thursday - 10/4/12

Good Morning! I am feeling great today! I have a super busy day ahead of me with appointments so today will be my day off from cardio but I will be doing my Abs and Booty when I get home :)

Meal 1 - Breakfast! I love this meal! ♥♥♥

0540
Skinny Banana Pancakes!
Meal 2 - Snack
0845
Handful of Raw Almonds
and one of my top Snacks....
Cucumbers! Nom Nom
Meal 3 - Lunch
1130
Turkey, Pepper-Onion-Mushroom Sautee
Black Rice with Horseradish Cream Sauce!
Spicy!!!
Meal 4 - Snack
1500
Spinach Salad with Bean Sprouts
Egg Whites, Peppers, Sunflower Seeds
and Tuna! Nom Nom Nom
Sans Dressing ;)
Meal 5 - Dinnner
I had such a busy day and I was stuck in traffic for forever! So my meals were really spaced, this is why it is important to at least keep a potion of nuts or seeds in your car to munch on....I was starving!! haha
1930
Dinner! Egg Whites, Jalapenos
Red Onions, Tomatoes, Ground
Turkey and Garlic!
So Yummy!
Day 5 Thursday - 10/5/12

Good Morning! It's Friday!!! Hooray Whoo Hooo! Woke up feeling pretty fantastic today! Hope you all have a fabulous Friday too!

Meal 1 - Breakfast
0540
♥ Blueberry Pancakes ♥
Meal 2 - Snack
0915
Nom Nom Cucumbers!
Meal 3 - Lunch
1130
Baked Turkey - Yams and Cabbage Slaw
with Bolthouse Ranch YUM!
0215 Cardio Done!!!! Back to running today...my foot is getting stronger everyday :)

Meal 4 - Snack
1530
I waited too long to eat and
I was Straving!!!
Had to have a Big Bunless
Bird Burger! So Good with
Brown Mustard!
Meal 5 - Dinner
On Fridays I like to induldge a little but still eat clean. One of my favorite spots is Whole Foods, the girls and I love to meet up here and have dinner. We are all able to eat healthy and get whatever we want; salad bar, hot bar, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, burgers, steaks, juice, detox, tea, coffee, wine....if you can eat it and its clean or "dirty"...they have it! Check it out sometime!
2000
One Extra Juicy 100% Grass Fed
Super Lean Bison Burger!
No Bun, Crisp Lettuce, Tomato
Red Onion and Brown Mustard!
Omigosh So Delish!
Paired with a Side Salad

Day 6 Saturday - 10/6/12

Last day of my challenge! Feeling great! Tomorrow we will take pictures and see how much weight I have lost :)

Meal 1 - Breakfast

0530
California Lifestyle Egg White
French Toast! Low Carb
High Protein with 1oz
of Raspberries and
Walden Farms Maple Syrup
♥♥♥
0830 - Hitting up my cardio, abs and booty! Creating changes :)

Meal 2 - Snack
I had a small meal after the gym since I was meeting a friend for brunch. I cut a regular meal in half...you need to feed your body after ever workout!

0930
Turkey - Broccoli - Sweet Potato
Meal 3 - Lunch
I am meeting a friend for brunch today, there is no reason you cannot eat clean when eating out. I will show you a perfect example of what to order.
1200
6 Egg white omlette with
Spinach, Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes
Light Cheddar and Ham
Paired with Strawberries and
G-Free Toast
No Butter - No Oil - No Junk
Check out Cyranos Cafe in Orange Hill
This Place is Legit!

Meal 4 - Dinner
1700
Back to My Bunless Burger
with a huge Salad
Yummm
Meal 5 - Snack
2000
Snack time!
Garlic Spaghetti Squash
So darn good!
Day 7 Sunday - 10/7/12

I have lost a total of 7lbs and my clothes fit better than they did last Monday! My changes may not be drastic but I feel 100% better than I did last week...eating clean changes lives my friends! Try it out....Lean Mean Clean Eating Machine!

7lbs Lost and Feeling Great!
Thank you for following my 6 Day Challenge!

XoXo

Magan

No comments:

Post a Comment